- Best Free Phone Tracker Apps – Rated and Tested
- How to Choose the Best Free Phone Tracker App?
- Final Thoughts
Our phones provide us with many functionalities that make life easier for us. Unfortunately, it also makes it easier for people to indulge in their dark side. If you suspect that someone close to you might be engaging in unbecoming activities knowingly or unknowingly using their cell phone, you might have to fight fire with fire.
Using a free app to track a phone without them knowing might not sound ethical or moral in certain circumstances. Still, sometimes, it can be the only way to prevent something much worse from happening — a broken home, a permanent scar, or even serious financial consequences.
More and more judges these days are sidestepping privacy laws to admit evidence obtained secretly through a cell phone tracker in divorce cases. In other words, while there are certain risks of legal consequences should you get caught using a free phone tracker app in secret, the end might just justify the means.
If you’re about to cross that Rubicon, we’re right behind you! We’ve invested years of combined experience with the best mobile tracker apps in putting together this expert guide. Hence, we’ll provide you with a perfect app, regardless of your personal needs and objectives.
Best Free Phone Tracker Apps – Rated and Tested
With a phone tracker, you can track someone’s digital footprints, seeing every data generated through their phone activities. The internet is awash with spyware, spread across the spectrum from the downright malicious to A-listers. However, after countless hours of research and personal experience, our expert team of spyware specialists has put together a list of the best apps to track an iPhone from Android secretly and vice versa.
eyeZy is another simple but reliable location tracker you should try out. It doesn’t require downloading anything, either on your phone or those of your targets. That means it’s easy to deploy and deactivate whenever you want, making it a handy tool to track a cell phone location for free whenever you suspect something odd is going on.
What’s more, eyeZy is integrated with Google Maps, so you can read and follow your target’s location on Google Maps. You can also monitor multiple devices simultaneously — you can monitor them individually or place them in ‘eyeZy groups.’
- A dynamic software shows multiple details simultaneously.
- Excellent user experience.
- No need to download or install anything.
- The Google Map integration is sometimes unstable.
- Android: Compatible with devices running Android 4.0 and later.
- iOS: Supports iOS 9.0 and later.
On top of our list is mSpy, the most highly rated spy app today. mSpy ticks all the boxes of an excellent spy app, from the ease of installation to excellent user experience, a massive collection of spy features, and excellent customer care.
Besides features for tracking phone activities — calls, texts, browsing details, social media activities, etc. – mSpy also enables hands-on remote control. You’ll get to track a cell phone’s location for free and also prevent unscrupulous activities by blocking certain apps or deleting contents on the target phone remotely. Furthermore, mSpy offers a GPS tracking feature that always lets you be aware of where your loved ones are and be sure they’re safe.
You only need a brief moment to set up mSpy to access the arsenal of spying tools. Once you have the app set up, you can simply log on to your user dashboard from any device and then scroll through a neat catalog of data to find a cell phone location and other details.
- An unparalleled array of phone tracking tools.
- A highly intuitive user interface.
- Target phone data is encrypted.
- Remote monitoring and remote control features.
- The pricing is a little above average — but you’ll get to try it out for free first to see if it’s worth the price.
- Android: Works with Android 4+.
- iOS: Compatible with all iOS versions.
SpyBubble gives you a comprehensive set of spying tools and features to help you learn how to track a phone number for free and with great ease. It widens your coverage not only by providing a vast range of spying tools but also by enabling you to spy on multiple devices simultaneously.
With SpyBubble, you can keep an eye on your target’s calls, texts, social media apps, IM apps, browsers, and phone location. You can rest assured of your cover with this cell phone GPS tracker because it sinks deep below the radar on the target phone to carry out untraceable spying activities.
- Advanced features like call recording and remote screenshots.
- A straightforward dashboard that anyone can ease into.
- Supports dozens of languages.
- The pricing is on the higher end.
- Rooting/jailbreaking is required for installation on most phones.
- Sub-par customer support.
- Android: Compatible with devices running Android 4+.
- iOS: Supports all iOS versions.
If you want to track someone by cell phone number without them knowing for free, we highly recommend trying Localize.mobi. You’d think it would take a rig of sophisticated hardware and software to track a person’s location using just the phone number. But Localize.mobi demystifies everything with a plug-n-play interface where you simply need to insert the phone number and hit ‘Locate’ to find a cell phone position for free online.
You can rely on Localize.mobi to find someone’s location by cell phone number in any situation, no matter the time or place, or the type of phone or mobile network used by your target.
- Works on just about any device or mobile network.
- Does not require downloading or installing anything.
- Shows both current location and location history.
- Lacks other vital spying tools, unlike other free cell phone locators.
Localize.mobi is compatible with all phones, the only requirement — target phone should have an internet connection.
If you want to track someone’s GPS location via their mobile number, now’s the time to set your sights on the newest Localize.mobi alternative – North App.
Using this service, you don’t need to access the target phone physically for installation. All you need to track a person’s location in real-time is their mobile number.
Unlike Localize.mobi, North App goes the extra mile by granting you the luxury of forming a list. So, rather than tracking one person at a time, you can see multiple individuals’ locations in one swoop!
Although North App claims to track the location data of anyone regardless of network carrier and device, user feedback suggests that this service works better for UK and Canadian mobile numbers.
- Works in stealth mode
- Top-notch GPS location accuracy
- Allows you to track a list of people in real-time
- Decently-priced subscriptions
- GPS location may not be 100% reliable outside the UK and Canada
North App works on all iOS and Android devices with a working GPS.
Spyera gives you stealth, remote access to your target’s phone. The remote access is not only for spying but also for controlling your target’s phone activities. For instance, you can delete certain incoming messages or block certain calls on their phone remotely — staying hidden all the while.
Spyera boasts an impressive collection of advanced spying features, including tools to listen in and record your target’s phone calls. Another handy feature is the keylogger. With this, you can easily obtain your target’s login credentials for various messaging apps and online platforms.
What’s more, Spyera provides you with accurate, real-time details of your target’s location. After the app collects the data, it saves them in internal memory. Hence, you’ll always be aware of your target’s movements.
- Swift installation and a seamless user interface.
- Support for multiple languages.
- 10 days money-back guarantee.
- Target devices must be jailbroken/rooted for advanced features to work.
- Android: Compatible with all Android OS, including v11.
- iOS: Supports iOS up to and including 14.X.
- Windows: Compatible with Windows 7, 8.X, and 10.
- macOS: Works with macOS Sierra/High Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur.
Hoverwatch is another software that allows you to deploy a wide range of remote monitoring and remote control features, all under wraps. Once installed on the target phone, Hoverwatch tucks deep into the heart of the target phone, from where it carries out a sweeping range of spying activities.
With Hoverwatch, you can track your target’s phone calls, text messages, social media activities, and location. You can also control their phone activities remotely, preventing access to apps, contacts, and messages that you deem toxic.
The app’s location tracker is top-rated. It uses not only GPS but also Wi-Fi signals and cell towers to track someone by cell phone number without them knowing.
- Supports remote installation.
- Stealth operations that can never be traced back to you.
- A well-rounded set of monitoring tools.
- No support for iOS devices.
- Android: Compatible with devices running Android 4+.
- Windows: Works with Windows 10 and above.
- macOS: Supports macOS 10.15 and later.
Family Locator — GPS Tracker
Family Locator is an award-winning app to track another phone that alerts whenever your target makes suspicious movements. That way, you don’t have to babysit your target all day to keep track of them.
You’ll get to find out when they leave a certain location and where exactly they’re leaving without having to watch your screen all day — you’ll only need to flip open your dashboard when you get an alert.
By supporting passive location tracking, Family Locator is ideal not only for parents and families but also employees and partners. You can even use it to find lost or stolen phones belonging to you or your loved ones.
- View both past and real-time locations.
- Access up to 7 days location history of the mobile number.
- Support for passive monitoring.
- Location history is available only in higher-tier plans.
- Android: Works with Android 5.0 and up.
- iOS: Compatible with iOS 11.2 and later.
FlexiSPY gives you all the tools and technical guidance you need to learn how to track a phone for free. You’ll get a massive arsenal of spying tools as well as plenty of how-to tutorials. The technical support is also superb, giving listening ears to your queries whenever the need arises.
FlexiSPY’s toolset ranges from simple tools like call logs and SMS logs to more advanced ones like ambient recording and remote stealth camera. With these advanced features, you can see and hear exactly what’s happening in your target’s immediate surroundings.
The app has a GPS tracking feature that allows you to know for sure where your target is at any given time.
- Easy installation steps plus lots of easy-to-follow tutorials.
- Supports call recording.
- Covers activities on over 20 popular social media platforms.
- Does not support spying on platforms like Twitter.
- The remote camera takes minutes to execute commands — enough to miss out on a window for obtaining evidence.
- Android: Compatible with Android Versions 4-11.
- iOS: Supports iOS 6.0 and later.
- Windows: Works with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
- macOS: Supports macOS Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina, Big Sur.
iSharing is another ideal mobile tracker for free tracking campaigns. It’s ideal for tracking the location of your kids, partners, employees, and even lost or stolen phones. It also doubles as a messaging system where family members can share their location as well as other information.
The messaging system comes with a text chatting feature as well as the ‘Walkie-talkie’ for voice communication.
iSharing also comes with a geofencing feature that alerts you to your target’s movements when they exit a certain location like their school, workplace, etc. There’s also a panic alert feature that works by sending out distress signals with location information when you shake your phone.
- Provides both real-time and past location data.
- Can serve as both a location tracker and a tool for communicating with your target.
- Alerts you when your target arrives or leaves a certain location.
- It’s traceable and lets your target know you’re monitoring them.
- Android: Compatible with Android 4.4 and up.
- iOS: Supports iOS 10.0 and later.
Find My iPhone
Find My iPhone works by syncing with cloud backup services used by the target phone. That means that for it to work, your target needs to have services like iCloud syncing active on their phone.
Once that’s certain, all you need to do to track a cell phone location online is to log on to Find My iPhone’s website and then enter the iCloud credentials of the target phone. And voilà! You’ll get to view your target’s previous and current location. You can do this to track your kids, spouse, employees, and even lost or stolen phones.
- A simple, straightforward user interface.
- There’s nothing to download.
- The target device needs to be synced with a cloud backup service like iCloud.
iOS: Compatible with iOS 14.0 and later.
Snoopza lines up an impressive range of spying features on a neat, seamless user interface. Snoopza works incognito in the target phone, making and sending out copies of the target phone’s data without using up any significant amount of phone resources.
You’ll have unfettered access to your target’s calls, SMS, MMS, browsing activities, and even shared files and media libraries. You can also keep track of their calendars and contacts to know who they’re setting up meetings with and where.
Snoopza also boasts a host of advanced spy features, including remote camera activation and remote screenshots. What’s more, the app lets you track your target’s GPS coordinates to know for sure their whereabouts.Pros
- A massive collection of spy features.
- The installation process is straightforward.
- Excellent option if you’re on a budget.
- Requires physical access to the target device to install the app on it.
- Doesn’t support iOS devices.
- Android: Compatible with Android 4.0 and later
Life360 Cell Phone Location Finder
Life360 is another free GPS tracker that gives you access to a flurry of spying features to help you spy like a pro. You’ll get to see your target’s current and previous locations, all for free.
The app can also help you find and save locations that your target visits more frequently. That way, their location data will be easier on the eyes — you’ll get to see names of places like school or home, rather than just some cryptic alphanumeric texts. Life360 paid option comes with advanced features like ID theft protection, family safety protection, and roadside assistance.
- Free access to handy safety features like automated SOS.
- Family Safety Assist feature that provides real-time specialist support in any situation.
- Crash Detection feature for getting a quicker emergency response to accidents.
- Location history only spans 2 days.
- Android: Compatible with Android 8.0 and later.
- iOS: Works with iOS 13.0 and up.
With Spyic, you can learn how to track an Android or iOS device on a clean, clear interface that’s easy to navigate. You’ll get to view your target’s text messages, call logs, contact lists, browsing data, and lots more.
You can also view all the images, videos, and other multimedia files on your target’s phone. Another key feature is the parental control feature. Not only can you track the location of a cell phone, but you can also prevent access to text messages or apps with harmful content.
Spyic also offers a powerful GPS and Wi-Fi-based tracking feature that lets you track your target’s movements and see the addresses they visited.
- Free access to a wide variety of spying tools.
- A neat, intuitive user interface.
- Geofencing alert.
- Many advanced features are available only in paid plans.
- Pricing is on the higher end.
- Android: Supports Android 4.0 or higher.
- iOS: Compatible with all iOS devices.
This is a renowned spy app that’s helped thousands of people track loved ones, employees, and associates. It facilitates stealth, remote monitoring, enabling you to learn how to track a phone without stirring up dust. XNSPY allows you to check up on your target’s calls, SMS, contact list, social media activities, browsing history, multimedia libraries, etc.
XNSPY also supports remote control functionalities. You can use your own phone to do a whole lot of things on the target phone, including clearing call and message logs, blocking certain app contents, and even locking your targets out of their phone — like your kids during bedtime or studies or your employees during critical periods on the clock.
Furthermore, XNSPY comes with a powerful location tracker that lets you check their movements at any given time.
- Provides a massive range of spy tools at a very affordable rate.
- Keyword alert feature alerts you whenever your target’s activities involve a certain word, contact, and even location.
- Advanced features like remote voice recording.
- Most of the key spying features are available only in paid plans.
- Android: Compatible with Android 4.x and up.
- iOS: Supports iOS 6 and higher.
As the name suggests, FamiSafe is a parental control app primarily designed to enhance the safety of your kids and loved ones. It comes with features like the Web Filter and SafeSearch, which allow you to dictate what your targets can or cannot access on their browser, as well as the App blocker, which prevents access to certain apps.
FamiSafe also gives you remote access to information on your target’s social media activities. You’ll get to see everything they do on social media, including the contact list — the friends they keep and the groups they belong to. Furthermore, FamiSafe offers a location tracking feature that will let you know where your loved ones are.
- A wide range of remote spying features.
- Remote control over access to content on YouTube and other popular media platforms.
- Simple user interface.
- Falls short of many important monitoring tools available in other apps in this review.
- Android: Supports Android 4.4 and higher.
- iOS: Compatible with iOS 9.0 and up.
- Kindle Fire
How to Choose the Best Free Phone Tracker App?
To choose the best-suited mobile phone location tracking software, you need to keep a few factors in mind during your search. For instance, some spy apps may offer fewer features at a relatively lower price, but others may offer a selection of highly advanced tools at a good price but with a bad user experience. Here are all the factors to look out for:
First, you’d want to go for an app that has amassed a decent amount of positive reviews on the web. All the apps we’ve reviewed in this guide garnered reviews from hordes of satisfied clients worldwide.
All the apps on our list offer free trials, but their pricing varies from average to high-end. For some, you can pay less if you subscribe for multiple months at once.
Ease of Installation
If you wonder how to track a cell phone location without installing software, you should know that some iPhone tracking apps support remote installation, allowing you to set up the app without touching the target phone. But some others may require complex technical procedures like rooting and jailbreaking.
Most top-notch phone tracker apps come with a neat user interface that’s newbie-friendly. You can take advantage of the free trials to have a feel of the user experience first before forking out cash for it.
Some GPS phone trackers don’t support stealth mode. But with others, you can easily switch between stealth and open mode.
What Is the Most Reliable Way to Track a Phone Without Permission?
Spy apps are your best bet for keeping track of someone’s phone activities behind their back. Spy apps work in stealth mode, copying and transmitting data from the target phone without leaving any trace behind on the phone (either in the form of icons or symbols or a noticeable consumption of phone resources like battery and phone memory).
How to Put a Free Tracker on a Phone?
You can set up top-notch tracking software on the phone without any complex technical requirements. Here’s how to put a tracker on the phone for free using mSpy:
- Open your free account on mSpy.
- Choose the type of device you want to track.
- Download and install the tracker following the simple installation steps in your account confirmation email.
- Log into your user dashboard on any phone anytime after the installation to view updates of your target’s location data. That means, for instance, you can start tracking an Android phone from an iPhone.
What Are the Main Features of Free Tracking Apps?
The best spy apps equip you with a massive collection of spy tools to spy on others. Common features of the best spy apps include:
- Call tracking.
- SMS monitoring.
- Social media spying features for popular platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
- Browser tracker.
- GPS monitoring.
Is It Possible to Track a Cell Phone That Is Off?
Some apps allow you to track a cell phone location by number, even when the phone is turned off. But you’re usually only allowed to track the phone’s location since there are no other activities to track on a phone that’s out of use.
How to Track a Cell Phone Number on Google Map?
Google Maps supports location sharing, but this feature can also serve as a free cell phone tracker by number. Note, however, that there’s a decent chance of losing your cover because your target might easily discover clues of your spying activities on the phone.
To use this method, you need to take the steps below:
- Run Google Maps on the target device.
- Open the main menu and select Mobile Number Tracker.
- Enter the mobile number you want to track.
- Start monitoring your target’s location.
There are many ways to track a cell phone for free, but the best way is by deploying top-notch spy tools. You can use the best free phone tracker app without permission to spy like a pro, regardless of your technical skills. You’ll enjoy a seamless user experience from the onset, and you can keep your cover while using them for as long as you want.
Top-notch phone trackers like mSpy give you access to a massive collection of spy tools that cover just about everything your target does on their phone. You’ll get to spy on their text messages, call logs, browsing activities, GPS coordinates, contacts and calendars, social media activities, and even all the keys they press on their phone.